one year ago.

I got back from a summer abroad course, one year ago today (well, yesterday actually.) I think France was the main reason my style changed from a vintage-, oversized- and mismatched-everything kind of style to a more sleek, mature, style. I wouldn't say I dress old now, but I definitely focus on wearing age-appropriate and future-career-appropriate clothes. I started wearing a lot more silks and chiffons, button-ups, rolled up cuffs, tied-up shirts etc… as opposed to cuts that were unflattering on me (I have big boobs and I've learned that high, boatneck shirts do not suit large chests.)


I was reminiscing of last year, recently, and I thought I'd share some photos of my favorite outfits from France. I think I look French, if I do say so myself ;) 
 my favorite ice cream: pistachio :) 
(body suit: AA, shorts: vintage, sunglasses: ray ban)
 We celebrated Bastille Day reading and drinking wine at a park.
(hat: from a flea market in France, top: F21, skirt: H&M, sunglasses, ray ban)
 We visited Paris on our weekends. Under the Arc de Triomphe, here. 
(scarf: Zara, dress: random store we ran into, to hide from the rain in Paris, tights: a friends, bag: Bally)
 Visited the Eiffel Tower, of course. The funny thing about these pink pants is that I bought them only because in July, it's rainy and a little cold in France, so I bought them to keep warm and ended up wearing them almost everyday… 
(button-up: Moon, striped dress (as top): H&M, pants: Zara)
 We had to visit a Starbucks while in Paris. 
(pants: Zara)
 The best three-cheese crepes!
 Sitting on the hill in front of Sacre Coeur
 We decided to go out for a fancy dinner, one night. And I love that they always serve coke in the glass bottles!
(dress: New Look)
 Early mornings and late nights, when traveling to Paris, but worth it for everything we got to see/do! 
One of our group field trips was a trip to Amboise, a small town about 3 hours from where we were (Tours, France). This castle offered such a beautifull view. 
The whole time I was there, I couldn't wait to come home. I love Toronto, and the busy city and always having something to do. I didn't really start to miss the trip until a couple months ago when everyone suddenly decided to go to Europe for the summer. 
As soon as I graduate, I definitely plan on saving up and taking a big Eurotrip. I think it's something everyone has to do at least once (or twice…) in their life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment